The values that form the essence of IT Thread Recruitment, strengthens our commitment to professional and ethical recruitment.
Respect for laws
- We comply with all relevant legislation, statutory and non-statutory requirements and official guidance and any future amendments to such requirements during the course of providing our services to you.
Respect for honesty and transparency
- We act honestly in all dealings with work seekers, clients, members, non-members and others.
- In the course of representing a work seeker or client we do not knowingly make a false or inaccurate statement, fail to disclose a material fact, or make a representation as to future matters without having reasonable grounds for making it.
- We adhere to principles of truth in advertising and only advertise positions, through any medium, for which we have documented permission to recruit.
- All fees, charges and services provided are explicitly and fully disclosed to clients prior to the acceptance of an assignment or prior to any work being undertaken for a client.
- We document all key stages of the recruitment process in line with relevant legislation and good practice guidance.
Respect for work relationships
- We do not undertake actions that may unfairly or unlawfully jeopardise a work seeker’s employment.
- We do not undertake actions that may unfairly or unlawfully interfere in work relationships established by others.
- We do not attempt unfairly or unlawfully to prevent a work seeker from seeking work from other sources.
- We aim to work in a fair and open competitive environment.
Respect for diversity
- We adhere to the spirit of all applicable human rights, employment laws and regulations and will treat work seekers, clients and others without prejudice or unjustified discrimination. we do not act on an instruction from a client that is discriminatory and, wherever possible, provide guidance to clients in respect of good diversity practice.
- We treat all work seekers and clients with dignity and respect and aim to provide equity of employment oportunities based on objective business related criteria.
- We have established working practices that safeguard against unlawful or unethical discrimination in the operation of our business.
Respect for safety
- We act diligently in assessing risks to work seekers and clients and do not knowingly put at risk candidates, clients or others.
- We inform work seekers whenever they have reason to believe that an engagement may cause a risk to health and safety.
Respect for professional knowledge
- We work diligently to develop and maintain a satisfactory level of relevant and current professional knowledge.
- We ensure that staff are adequately trained and skilled to undertake their responsibilities in recruitment practice.
Respect for certainty of engagement
- We supply work seekers with full details of the work, conditions of employment, the nature of the work to be undertaken, rates of pay, method and frequency of payment and pay arrangements in accordance with requirements of current legislation.
- We ensure that any variation to the engagement can only occur with prior notification and agreement of the worker.
Respect for prompt and accurate payment
- We pay promptly and accurately any wages and benefits due in accordance with any agreed terms and legal requirements.
- We do not penalise temporary/contract workers, for example for having been late or failed to attend part or all of an assignment or for poor performance, by making deductions from pay due for time that they have actually worked.
- We do not take on assignments that could result in our inability to pay temporary/contract workers.
Respect for ethical international recruitment
- We supply all overseas work seekers with the same level of information as set out and implied in Respect for certainty of engagement. In addition, information provided include details of the likely cost of living in the area the prospective hirer is situated, the likely length of the job in question and the state of the employment market in the field they are being recruited into. All information are provided at no cost to the work seeker.
- We ensure that in relation to overseas recruitment we abide by all relevant legislation and Home Office guidelines and provide all relevant and applicable information to work seekers, clients and others.
- We when recruiting from outside the UK do not use overseas agents who charge for their services, unless that is the legal and normal custom and practice sanctioned by the government of the country of origin. In addition, we make all reasonable efforts to ascertain such information about any agents used and are be able to demonstrate that we have done so.
- We observe the highest principles of social responsibility, integrity, professionalism, equity and fair practice in their dealings with all overseas work seeker.
Respect for confidentiality and privacy
- We observe the highest principles of integrity, professionalism, equity and fair practice to maintain the confidentiality and privacy of candidate and client information and respect the confidentiality of records in accordance with law and good business practice.
- We ensure that permission has been obtained and documented before disclosing, displaying, submitting or seeking confidential or personal information.